We refer to our Timber Stand Improvement as TSI+ because most providers just cut wolf trees (sucker tress) from leave (keep) trees. Our foresters not only cut away wolf trees but are selective in leaving wildlife food species such as paw paw and blackberries.
Our TSI+ also Includes;
- selectivity for timber, mast, and wildlife food production
- cutting/killing vines: Bittersweet, Wintercreeper, Poison Ivy, Virginia Creeper, and larger Grape vines
- Leaving dead standing for Wood Pecker habitat
- Selectively falling/standing dead that may be forest fire fuel ladders
- Invasive species control in the entire stand, not just beneath trees